Also known as the Valley of Glaciers trek, Langtang Valley Trek is the closest place where you can encounter the massive snow capped mountains and beautiful glaciers. It is located only 19 miles north of Kathmandu. The whole valley is dominated by Mount Langtang Lirung (7246m/23766ft)and offers pine forest, swift mountain streams, rugged rock and snow-capped peaks, grassy dawn and meadows. In spite of being near Kathmandu, the Langtang Region is as wild as any Tibetan countries with untainted rustic scene. The general population living in the Langtang district is unquestionably Nepalese yet being the relative of the Tibetan birthplace, they resemble the Tibetans.
Day 01: Arrive at Tribhuwan International Airport (TIA) Kathmandu
Upon your arrival in Kathmandu, one of our delegates will pick you up and escort you to your designated hotel. In the hotel, you will be briefed about the further plans of the trek.
Day 02: Kathmandu Valley Sightseeing Tour
After breakfast, we will be visiting UNESCO recorded world heritage sites such as Kathmandu Durbar Square, Boudhanath, Swayambhunath (monkey temple), and Pashupatinath in Kathmandu Valley the entire day. Stay overnight in Hotel.
Day 03: Drive to Syabru Bensi (1462m/4795ft) by jeep, 7 hrs
Drive from Kathmandu to Syabru Bensi which takes about seven hours by bus. You head north out of Kathmandu driving through scenic foothills and ridgeline vistas to Syabru Besi passing through Dhunche. Overnight at guesthouse, breakfast, lunch and dinner included.
Day 04: Trek to Lama Hotel (2500m/8200ft) Duration: 5 hrs
Today, the first part of the trail crosses through Bhote Koshi and follows the Langtang Khola. Afterwards, your trek ascends gently to Ramche (2400meters) through Bamboo (1960meters) which lies at the bank of Langtang Khola. You can have lunch at this place if you like. And at the end your trail is level to the Lama Hotel. En route you could see red pandas, monkeys and bears if you’re lucky. Overnight at guesthouse, breakfast, lunch and dinner included.
Day 05: Trek to Langtang Village (3307m/10845ft) Duration: 5 hrs
The trek route follows Gumanechok, Ghoda Tabela literally it means the Horse Stable. After this the trail is slightly gradual and beautiful in the valley with the grazing Yaks. Langtang village is one of the very local and old villages along this trekking route and the view from here is more spectacular. Overnight at guesthouse, breakfast, lunch and dinner included.
Day 06: Langtang village to Kyanjing Ri (4773m/15655ft) and back to Kyanjing Gompa (3798m/12495ft) Duration: 7-8 hrs
The trail climbs gradually to Sindum and to Yamphu (3640m). Crossing the Laja Khola then climbs a moraine to a viewpoint where you can see Kyanjing Gompa and the dramatic icefall flowing from Langtang Lirung. After Kyanjing Gompa, hiking to Kyankin Ri (4773m) and trek back to Kyanjing Gompa. Overnight at guesthouse, breakfast, lunch and dinner included.
Day 07: Kyangjuma Gompa Exploration and climb Chorkari Ri (5050m/16564ft) Duration: 7 hrs
Today is a day to rest and explore the area. You can visit the monastery and the cheese factory, walk up the moraine to see the spectacular ice faces and ascend at Chorkari Ri (5050 meters) which is highest point of this trek, directly behind the village, for a breath-taking panorama of the Langtang peak. Overnight at guesthouse, breakfast, lunch and dinner included.
Day 08: Kyanjin Gompa- Lama Hotel (2500m/8200ft) Duration: 5-6 hrs
Today we come back all the way downhill to Lama Hotel. We will see fantastic views of towering mountain what you have missed on the way up. Take more time and you are suggested to walk very slowly. Overnight at guesthouse, breakfast, lunch and dinner included.
Day 09: Lama Hotel to Syabru Bensi (1462m/4795ft) Duration: 5-6 hrs
Easy trek down to Syabru Bensi passing through several village behind. Overnight at Guesthouse, breakfast, lunch and dinner included.
Day 10: Syabru Bensi to Kathmandu
From Syabru Bensi, we will drive you back to Kathmandu by public bus/jeep. Overnight at hotel, breakfast and lunch included.
Day 11: Farewell
After checking out of the hotel, our representative will take you to the international airport for your flight home. If you want to continue your stay in Nepal for short tours i.e. National parks, rafting, mountain biking, hiking, etc., please do let us know. We will be proudly serving your needs.
- Airport pick up and drop off by private tourist vehicle
- All your standard meals during the trek (Breakfast, lunch and dinner)
- Highest available standard lodges and guesthouses accommodation during the trek
- English-speaking tour guide and trekking guide
- The required number of local staff and porters to carry your luggage during the trek (We assign one porter for every two guests.)
- Food, accommodation, salary, insurance, equipment and medicine for all staff
- Entry fees for all monuments, parks, temples and monasteries mentioned in the itinerary
- All surface transfer required in sightseeing tour
- National Park permits and TIMS permit for trekking
- Farewell dinner in typical Nepali Restaurant with cultural dance show on the second last day
- All our government taxes, vat, tourist service charges
What’s Not Included
- Travel insurance which covers emergency Rescue and Evacuation
- International airfare and airport departure tax
- Nepal entry visa;
- Alcoholic, hot and cold drinks
- Personal trekking Equipment (You can hire sleeping bag and down jacket from us at USD 25 per item for the duration of the trek.)
- Tips for trekking staff and driver (Tipping is expected.)
- Any others expenses which are not mentioned on ‘Price Includes’ section